Below is a list of holiday and Christmas clutter items to consider getting rid of. In addition, there’s a hall of fame where you can share your own success or get inspired by what others have accomplished.
Holiday decorations are the quintessential type of item that you should keep in storage in your home for most of the year, and then you bring them out faithfully during their appointed season.
What ends up happening though is that we forget about some decorations and other festive items because we have no idea where we put them, or they’re not something we actually like anymore and don’t want to put up.
That’s how we end up with holiday clutter.
There are several challenges within the 52 Week Organized Home Challenge that deal with the holidays in our homes that I encourage you to read:
- Christmas Decoration Storage & Organization Challenge
- Organize Wrapping Paper & Gift Bags Challenge
I’ve also created quite a few decluttering missions that accompany these challenges, to help you get this area of your home more manageable.
Whether you’ve done these missions when I’ve scheduled them during the year, or any other time doesn’t really matter to me. I just want to celebrate your success, so here’s your chance to show off some before and after pictures when you’ve done one of the missions. If you’re ready to share now click here to begin!
Decluttering Missions Related To Holidays
Items you may want to declutter include the following:
- Spring and Easter decorations
- Independence Day and other summer decorations
- Halloween costumes
- Halloween decorations
- Halloween candy (about a week after the holiday is over)
- Thanksgiving and fall decorations
- Christmas ornaments
- Christmas lights
- Wreaths and garland
- Outdoor Christmas decorations
- Miscellaneous indoor Christmas decorations
- Artificial Christmas tree
- Fill out Christmas storage inventory
- Christmas cards
- Birthday and other types of cards (find out where to donate used cards here)
- Valentine’s Day cards
- Create space for storing cards to send out over course of year
- Create space for holding gifts for friends and family
- Wrapping supplies, including paper, bows, ribbon, etc.
- Create space for a wrapping station
- Gift bags and boxes
- Stationary and thank you notes
Holiday Clutter Hall Of Fame
Here are the hall of fame submissions provided so far.
You can skip down here to share your own right now.
Holiday Decoration Storage Ideas
Gift Wrap Organization
Organize Gift Bags
Valentine’s Day Stuff
Declutter Spring Decorations
Declutter Halloween Candy
What To Do With Used Christmas Cards
Get Started With The Decluttering Missions Today!
Do you want to participate in the 15 minute daily missions? Grab your FREE yearly printable decluttering calendar here and get started today!
In addition, I’ll share each day’s mission through social media too, so you can keep up by joing the Declutter 365 Facebook group or follow along on Instagram (where the official hashtag is #Declutter365).
Have You Gotten Rid Of Your Holiday & Christmas Clutter?
Have you participated in one of the Declutter Your Home In 15 Minutes A Day Missions, either while it was running for the day or when it was convenient for you?
Are you proud of your accomplishments and want to show the world what you decluttered today, and are getting out of your home?
Here’s your chance to tell me about it. Pictures are highly encouraged, but you can also just write a description of what you decluttered too (note you’ve got to at least explain what we’re seeing in the picture you upload).
You can send up to four pictures in each submission.